Thursday, January 9, 2014

Welcome to Teacher in Training

Hello everyone!

My name is Elyse and I will be starting my final semester of student teaching in a few weeks.  I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in December 2012 and began the multiple subject teaching credential in January 2013. I am now in the final semester of the student teaching program and I recently found out I will be working in a third grade classroom.



Last semester, I did student teaching twice a week that focused on intervention and small group instruction.  My placement was at a dual language school in a low socio-economic area.  The program was a 50/50 program where one teacher taught in English for one day and the other teacher taught in Spanish the next day.  It was a wonderful experience.  I learned so much from the kids and my fabulous master teacher.

I started this blog because I want to share my journey in student teaching and in my first few years of teaching.  It's going to be busy and scary and exciting and a total learning experience - so why not share it with the world!

Outside of teaching, I am also really into history and genealogy.  I love cooking and going out to restaurants to try new food.  I'm obsessed with Harry Potter.  Most importantly, I am also planning my wedding for June 2014 and I can't wait to marry my best friend.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment